{Fried Pickle} Madness

Who doesn't just love fried pickles?  Okay, so maybe they aren't the healthiest option out there - but they're so deliciously amazing!  Who's with me?! 
 
Well, Pinterest struck again, and I found a fried pickle recipe.  You mean I can make them at home for so much cheaper and easier than going out to find some?! YES!  That's exactly what it meant....
 
So, tried them we did!  We bought the ingredients last week, but it was kind of a rough week, so we kept putting off trying to make them.  But finally, on Sunday evening, Colten and I decided that once he got home from work, we would make fried pickles.  Besides, the jar of pickles was just taunting Colten the entire week...he threatened to eat them several times, but he held off.  Thanks babe! 
 
Check out our experience in pictures:
 
 
They turned out sooooo good!  I know they're not super healthy, but we indulged on Sunday!  And, we plan to indulge again in the future!  A simple, great tasting recipe for an appetizer of fried pickles right in our own home!  Yes please! 
 
Oh, you want the recipe???  I guess I'll share :).  Here ya go! 
 
Ingredients
1 jar dill pickle spears
1 cup flour
1/2 cup plain yellow corn meal
1 tablespoon seasoned salt
1 cup milk
Vegetable Oil to cook in
Ranch Dressing for dipping
 
Directions
1. Pour vegetable oil to a depth of at least 1/2 inch in medium sized skillet and place over medium high heat.  Drain pickles and place spears on paper towel lined plate to absorb moisture while you prepare breading.
 
2. Place corn meal in a small bowl.  Add 1/2 cup flour and seasoned salt.  Stir until well combined.
 
3. In a separate bowl, pour remaining flour.  Place the milk in a third bowl. 
 
4. Using your hands, dip a pickle into milk, then flour, then milk, then cornmeal breading.  Repeat until all pickles are breaded. 
 
5. Carefully place pickles into hot oil and cook until browned, stirring once if needed, about ten minutes.
 
6. Remove from skillet and place on paper towel lined plate.  Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving with ranch dressing.
 
*These are extremely hot inside for several minutes after cooking.*
Makes about 8 pickles.
 
 
I have these super awesome coating trays I received at my Pampered Chef bridal shower over a year ago instead of small bowls, which worked amazingly for this recipe! 
 
Enjoy!
 
 
post signature

1 comment:

Rachel said...

So I hate fried pickles. I had them once and never again. eekk. Sorry! I love regular dill pickles though. I eat like 3 jars a weel!

Pin It button on image hover