Medical Mystery ... revealed.

So, for about two and a half weeks now, I've been in nothing but pain.  It all started with awkward stomach symptoms that were slightly less than horrific to deal with and experience.  After a week of this pain (I thought maybe it was just normal stomach issues after eating something strange and thought it would go away...), I decided it was time to go see a doctor to find out what was going on.  Two weeks after taking blood and stool samples, I finally received a phone call from my doctor's nurse saying that they found bacteria in one of the samples and that I would need to start antibiotics.  This was definitely good news!!  My biggest fear with doctors is that they won't find out what's wrong.  I was worried that all of the tests were going to come back normal, and I'd still be looking for answers as to what was happening.  Luckily, they found some bad bacteria that shouldn't be there ... and after a week of taking antibiotics, hopefully it will be GONE FOR GOOD!  I'm on day three now, and so far so good!

Yesterday was a great day!  I finally felt so much better and most of my symptoms had subsided, with the occasional pain here and there.  Today is pretty good so far too, but I've also been doing nothing but laying around my parents' house while they're at a family reunion :).  So, now that I'm finally getting rid of the horrible stomach pains (where it feels as if my intestines were wrestling with each other), I discover that I started my period for this month.  Yippee *rolls eyes*.  But, as my mother said, at least I didn't have to deal with this kind of stomach pain on top of the other pain I had been dealing with.  So true!  But still not fun :(. 

However, I am truly thankful for answers to my "medical mystery"!  And for antibiotics!  So far, so good.  We'll see how the rest of the week goes to determine whether it's gone or not!  I still can't eat completely normal meals like I used to, but maybe in time that will come. 

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover