Shmammered Lady Bug?!

  


Another Monday, thank goodness! 
 
Yes, I know ... no one ever says that!  Well, today I am.  Because that means we've made it another week in this world, and that my week without job# 2 is finally HERE for the month! :) That's exciting, people! 
 
Anyway, linking up today with Sami's Shenanigans for a weekend recap!  And let me tell you, it was a GREAT one with my parents!
  
Friday was a typical one as of late.  I spent 12 1/2 hours at work earning some overtime, which is great because that means MO MONEY! Yep, I said it. You're welcome.  After a loooong day of work, I headed home and worked on our finance spreadsheet/budget thing - whatever the heck you want to call it!  We have lots of things coming up soon, so it was a time-consuming task - I was so thankful when we were done!  I also made supper so my husband could eat as soon as he got home from work, which was late.  Then I went to bed.  Fantastic Friday, huh?!  But because of these mundane happenings, there are no pictures for Friday.  I know, I know - I was devasted, too!
 
Saturday was much more fun!  First, I earned some more overtime and headed to work for half a day.  Can you tell I'm serious about earning every cent I possibly can?  Working two jobs AND overtime in five days - sheesh!  Yes, y'all, that's why I'm constantly exhausted.  On my way in, I stopped by Krispy Kreme and picked up some donuts for my parents, as I was headed out of town as soon as work was done. 
 
 
Yum, right?! I know.
On the way home, I took the scenic route and documented the journey - it was such a beautiful day and everything was so clear and crisp! So awesome.  Enjoy these views - and again, you're welcome :). 
1. Bastrop post-fire. I'm immediately sad every time I drive by - but so thankful no lives were lost!
2. Just a gorgeous Texas sky!
3. The road I take to head home - so many memories, and so gorg! Yes, gorg :).
4. HAY!  Apparently, this weekend was THE weekend to cut and bale hay.  Seriously.  Even on Father's Day!
5. Low-water bridge on my parents' land. Love it!
 
Once I got there, my mom and I headed out to my cousin's birthday party - I can't believe she's already 7! Time flies!! And the party was GOOD TIMES!  Let's just wrap it up and say that we had to call a great friend to come pick us up :).  Definitely a great night, and MUCH needed! My mom got a kick out of me calling her 'shmammered' instead of hammered. It was a hot topic for the rest of the night! Ahahahaha!  
 
 Also, my new favorite drink:
 
 
Deliciousness. Yummy, yummy deliciousness. 
 
We got home about 11:30 or so, and we stayed up even later talking with my dad and his friends that were at the house - and we even played Skip-Bo once Josh got home!  Talk about a long day!
 
Sunday came way too quick!  I was tired, but can't imagine why.... ;).  We went to church and just about suffocated.  It was hot, but of course my mom was comfortable. I was so miserable that I thought I was going to pass out - and I contemplated walking outside for some fresh air and possibly a breeze to cool down.  It was still a great Father's Day sermon, regardless of the riduclous hotness inside that church.  We then went home and made a Father's Day feast for Dad!  We knocked it out of the park, and he was so thankful...and full! :) He even got an appetizer! Such a hard life ... :)
 
 


Love you, Dad! :-D

We then went to attend to a newborn calf that was not expected to live - poor girl!  The vet had to be called on Saturday to pull her from its momma and they didn't think she'd survive.  But she did! However, we were pretty sure she wasn't nursing yet, so that had to be addressed.  She's so tall for just being born and had a hard time feeding!  But my awesome dad helped her out, and she's caught on, now!  Such a beauty.  I'll spare y'all the pic of it immediately after birth...gross.  We named her Lady Bug, because she's lucky to be alive! Aww....
 
After cleaning up from that, we went to visit with Pops for a while, seeing as it was Father's Day, and all.  He was having such a good day and I even got him to take a picture with me! :) I love that man! 
 
 
 
Once he went for supper, we went to our cousins' house for supper and fun with their kiddos. 
 
Watching the Spurs/Heat game!

 
It got kind of late, so I spent another night at my parents' house and left super early this morning to make it to work on time.  And now I feel terrible - the flu, really?! I guess my body is telling me to GET SOME REST!  And I'm absolutely going to give in to that.  As soon as I get home today, it's a shower, and then cuddled up on the couch with the best blanket ever, the remote control, and my little buddy.  I can't wait to see my husband tonight, as we haven't seen each other since Friday! :(  
 
How was your weekend? 
  photo signature_zps02c8012c.jpg

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Mo money is always a good thing! Those donuts look soooo good right now & there is NOTHING more gorgeous than a Texas sky :)

Pin It button on image hover