You've Got to be Kidding Me

So I took Exam 2 for my History class this morning and then took my History final at noon.  Now that's a LOT of history, but anyway.  That's not the point.  Our professor said that he was going to post our grades this afternoon, and I was excited because I felt very confident after I turned in my final.  So ... I came home, relaxed a bit, took a shower, and then I checked my grades online.  I looked at my grade and it was a freakin D!!  Hell no it wasn't supposed to be a D!  I had all of my grades and calculated it and I should have a B.  Uh, that's TWO letter grades difference.  What the hell?!  So ... I look at the details of my grades and see that my grade from Exam 2 that I took this morning wasn't there...it was showing a zero.  Soooo not ok!  So then I start to have a panic attack, thinking that it was too late to take the second exam and that I would actually have a zero for that grade and a D overall.  I email my professor, but that obviously could take days for a response.  Then I called him at his office, even though his office hours ended an hour earlier.  I was super lucky that he was still there ... he said that I had just caught him before he left.  Turns out he just didn't pick up the tests from the Testing Center yet and so he didn't have my grade for Exam 2.  He explained that if what I was telling him was true, that I took the exam this morning and whatnot, that I would be fine and he would try to have my grade fixed by Friday.  You've got to be kidding me!  I had a major panic attack over nothing.  This is no small thing ... I have to have a 2.0 GPA at the end of this semester (tomorrow) to stay at ACC.  And that D would totally not help.  But now that I've talked to the professor, everything will be fine.  I even have proof that I took the exam this morning and the grade I got ... so it's not just my word against his.  :).  So, long story short, my emotions have been at an all time low and then straight to an all time high, realizing that my GPA is good and I just have to take my Chem final tomorrow and be DONE with this semester.  But seriously...you've got to be kidding me!

Oh, by the way, I kicked ASS on my final! :) Hence the B! Just thought I'd throw that out there.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover