el-oh-vee-ee ♥

I am head over heels, truly, madly, deeply in love.  What else is there to say about that?  Oh yeah, LOTS!  Colten is absolutely the most amazing guy ever!!  He truly loves me for who I am and always looks out for what's best for "us".  I've never been with someone that has cared about me the way that he does.  And I've also never cared for anyone the way I do about him!  It's been amazing :).  Of course there are some bumps in the road here and there, but we always sit down and talk about it to figure out what the problem is and find a solution.  That's another part of what I love about our relationship...we ALWAYS talk things out.  I've been in relationships where the fighting can go on for days without any attempt for resolve.  Not with Colten.  And I love it! ♥. 

Right now, he's going through a phase I know all too well: trying to figure out exactly what you want to do with your life!  He's been back and forth about what to major in and what to do, and I've tried to be supportive through everything.  But sometimes it's really hard.  I'm stressed about what I've decided to do with my life: law, and between keeping up with my classes and making sure he keeps up with his plus now the possibility of changing his major again...it's just overwhelming sometimes.  BUT, I think we had an epiphany last night!  I finally realized that it doesn't matter how long it takes him to finish with a degree, no matter what major he chooses in the end.  I was freaking out about both of us graduating around the same time with the possibility of starting our lives together.  I was just so focused on TIME.  But last night, it hit me.  It doesn't matter how long it takes!  What was I so worried about?  Whether he finishes before me or if I finish before him, it doesn't matter!  That doesn't mean we won't end up together.  We had a long heartfelt and emotional talk about the whole thing and now he's thinking about going back to ITT to finish the degree he started working on computers (or something like that).  He then continued to tell me that he would possibly get a job working on a rig.  *Deep breath in...and out.*  It would mean the possibility of him moving away from Austin once he's done next June for work.  It would be SUPER hard on our relationship seeing as we get to see each other every day for a while now...but that doesn't mean we can't get through it.  Plus, it would mean he'd be making quite a bit of money, which I know he would love (who wouldn't love not having financial problems?!).  Anyway, I'm going to support him no matter what he decides to do or pursue.  As long as it doesn't jeopardize our relationship...which I know he wouldn't do! :) 

Whew.  That was a long time coming!  Anyway...back to the love stuff ;).  It's been eight months that we've been together, and I still get butterflies around him and get excited when he texts me or kisses my forehead.  It's the little things!  I've never cried so much in my life for being HAPPY!  It's kind of crazy!  He makes me sooo happy, which is something I haven't had in such a long time.  At first I was scared of it, but now I know better :).  We are so good for each other and we bring out the best in each other.  He really is an amazing man and I am truly blessed to get the opportunity to be with him and experience his love and give him all of the love I am able to give (which is a lot).  I'm so thankful for Colten having come into my life.  I can't stress that enough!  And I can only hope he feels the same way.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover