A {Faithful} Reminder

Today, I just want to say that I am blessed, and that I want to and need to remind myself of this. 
 
I am fortunate and grateful for amazing friends. 
 
I am absolutely awestruck by my family's strong bond.
 
I am eternally blessed with an amazing support system (friends, family, co-workers, teachers, acquaintances...). 
 
I am in pretty good health. 
 
I know God and live by His will. 
 
My husband absolutely cherishes me and makes my life complete. 
 
My parents are encouraging, crazy, supportive, fun, outgoing, loving, and the best role models I could ever ask for. 
 
My sister is so very strong, amazing, crazy, supporting, and the absolute best sister I could ever dream of having.
 
My brother is loving, outgoing, strong, fun, supportive, creative, and the most amazing little brother a girl could ever want. 
 
I not only have one job, I have two. 
 
My husband and I are making headway on our dreams, goals, and desires in life. 
 
 I enjoy each day that I'm blessed to see. 
 
I do not take life so seriously that I cannot fully enjoy it. 
 
I bask in the joyful moments between my husband, family, friends, co-workers. 
 
I have faith in humanity. 
 
I do not live in fear. 
 
I do not have hatred in my heart. 
 
I do not question every single thing in the world. 
 
I trust in God.
 
I am able to find peace and contentment among the violence, pain, and grief.
 
My positivity has become stronger and stronger, outweighing the negative aspects of every situation. 
 
 
 
 
This list could go on, and on, and on, and on, and maybe I should've continued, but today, I just want to reassure everyone out there that no matter what you're going through, it could be worse.  That small melodramatic thing that's pressing on your mind and soul today, let it go.  Move on. 
 
After last week's terrible tragedies and continued grief, today I'm reminding myself that I am lucky to be alive.  I have so many things to be thankful for and to cherish.  Petty grudges and arguments are not worth it. 
 
God has a plan for my life, and so far, he's been so, so good to me!  I know that I'm not where I thought I would be at 24, but I absolutely love where I am.  I also know that this is not the end for me and my family - I know that I will ultimately be in a different place maybe even in a few short years, but I will cherish every minute that I am blessed with my loved ones and will not take today for granted.  Yes, it's Monday.  Most people today are sulking and feeling sorry for themselves because it means the beginning of a work-week.  BE THANKFUL that you have a work week!  BE THANKFUL that you get to fully live this day as God intended.  BE THANKFUL that you woke up this morning and have the amazing opportunity to live by His word and make a difference, no matter how small. 
 
 
I am worthy of God's love.  YOU are worthy of God's love.  Take a few minutes today to pray to God and thank him for bestowing so many blessings (no matter how big or small, or overlooked) upon your life. 
 
 
 
 
And I just HAVE to add this from one of my Facebook friend's statuses today:
 

The moment when peace finds you is when you accept everything for as it is now, not as how it was or will be.

 
 
 
 
post signature

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover