No Excuses

So, I've really been stressing over the fact that I've gotten behind already with my year-long journey in Bible study. I've been really praying about it and trying to come to a conclusion, and then it hit me.  God knows that I am deepening my faith and am very serious about doing so.  He also knows that it's a difficult time right now.

Here's the conclusion I've come up with: who says I had to start last week?  I've waited (anxiously) this long to begin this commitment and devotional, and it's never too late to start!  So, I've decided that I will start the journey TODAY instead of a week ago.  But everything that I hope to gain from this experience is still the same.  My commitment will still be the same.  My motivation and dedication remain the same.  I truly want to put in the effort to reap the rewards.  I want to honor the Word by devoting the right amount of time that I need to absorb and journal each day.  So, I will begin the journey today. I get several breaks throughout the day, and the daily readings can definitely be done in that amount of time.

I'm kind of worried (it's my journey, so I can be honest, right?) about Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays and how those days' readings will go.  I wake up, get ready for work, eat breakfast (some days), and leave for work.  Then I'm busy throughout the day (I'm constantly busy with this job, which isn't a bad thing except when I remember it's because there's so much violence in the world...or Texas at least) and it's time to leave before I know it!  Then, I leave work and go to my second job until 9:00PM.  That's a 15-hour day - for three days (that includes NO break between jobs...I have just enough time to get there and change).  By the time I get home, as you can imagine, I'm BEAT!  I'm so utterly exhausted, it's ridiculous.  I'm praying that as time goes on and I get accustomed to the new routine, it'll become easier and way more bearable - but until then...hello BEDTIME!  Haha.  By the time I get home, I have enough time to shower, eat, and go to sleep.  Then I'm at it for the next two days!  That pretty much settles it, though.  I need to (I HAVE to) prioritize my break times that I get.  I can do it, I know I can!  I'm really excited to begin this journey, but my body is lagging behind...

But, NO EXCUSES anymore!  I say I'm going to do it, and I've got the supplies to do it, I just have to do it!  Let's face it, that's the hardest thing sometimes, isn't it?  *nods head*

No Excuses!

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover