TV Time

So, I've fallen in love with Tia and Tamera's reality series on STYLE.  And, last night was the season 2 premiere!  Of course, I forced myself to stay up and watch it instead of just going to bed once I got home from my super long day!  It was worth it though - soooo good!

Now, I've seen several shows and movies that these twins starred in, and I admit that throughout the entire Sister, Sister series, my favorite was always Tia.  I don't know exactly why, but I guess she seemed to be more stylish and have it more together - but that also is probably just the way the producers portrayed each character.  BUT, watching their reality series, my favorite is definitely Tamera!  At times, I even feel really bad for Tamera.  Tia seems to think that the world should revolve around her and seems to be demeaning to her sister.  For instance, when Tamera was planning her wedding last season, Tia hardly showed up and tried to make it about her and her unborn child instead.  I'm sorry, but it's your sister's WEDDING!  Why would you not support her and do everything you could possibly do to make her day special?  Instead, she had to go on her 'baby-moon', which is great for her, but couldn't she have planned it at a different time?  Ugh.  That's where it started to go downhill.

Last night's episode *spoiler alert!* was awesome.  But, once again, Tia tried to act like she knew exactly what to do in Tamera's life, being that she has already had one pregnancy.  Well, I've never been pregnant, but I do know that every woman's body is different and every pregnancy is different.  Just because they're twins, doesn't mean that they go through every life scenario in the exact same way.  It seems that Tia acts that because she's going through life and experiencing the big moments first: getting married, having a baby..., she holds it over Tamera like she has no idea what she's talking about.  It's disgusting, honestly.  So, last night, Tamera was filming a Christmas movie while being five months pregnant.  I LOVED how she did make a point that when Tia was five months pregnant, she was exhausted all of the time, whereas Tamera was full of energy and in love with being pregnant!  But Tia, once again, has to act very high and mighty and tell Tamera that she can't do it and that it's super hard - of course it's hard!  She's PREGNANT and working long hours!!  She knows it's going to be hard, but she supported Tia when she worked while being pregnant.  I just don't understand why Tia can't just be supportive and not make everything all about her.  Tamera seems way more laid back and seems to not have to be the center of attention all of the time.  I'm so happy for Tamera that she is married to her best friend and they are AMAZING together!  I love seeing them together and going through everything.  I also love that Tamera is so involved in Adam's family, even in regards to the winery in Napa Valley.  Good for her!  She definitely needs to take a stand and do her own thing...and I'm loving watching her journey!

I know this post is more of a rant than anything, but it's been bothering me and comes up EVERY.SINGLE.EPISODE of this show.  Regardless, it's a great show and I'm really enjoying how down to earth they are, with realistic views of life and living in LA (and Napa for Tamera!).  :)

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover