12.12.12

I have lived through 1/1/1, 2/2/2, 3/3/3, 4/4/4, 5/5/5, 6/6/6, 7/7/7, 8/8/8, 9/9/9, 10/10/10, 11/11/11, and now 12/12/12.  I guess for some people, these dates are significant and mean that the day is extra special.  I don't know.  For me, it's just another day.  Just becasue it's the same repated number - it has no special meaning to me, for I know that God performs miracles on any day of the year, not only on these repeated number days.  It's 'cool' I guess, but other than that, there is no significance.  I admit, I was keen on my driver's license expiring on 10/11/12 (that's cool too, right?), but other than this so-called 'cool factor', it meant nothing.  I perceive these repeated dates the same way.  To me, it's just another day.  Today, I woke up late (as usual), hurriedly got ready for work, got to work on time (yipee!), and performed my duties at work as usual.  Then, I will be going to my second job, as usual for a Wednesday, and then I'll go home to my husband.  I don't take any of these things for granted - I know that I am blessed to be able to do each and every one of these things, but again, there's no significance that today brings, being 12/12/12.  I believe dates like these are played up by social media.  People also tend to pick dates like these for their wedding day, maybe they perceive it as a lucky day?  Colten and I married on 11/12/11, and I cannot even begin to count the number of times we were asked, "Don't you want to have your wedding one day sooner, so you can be married on 11/11/11?"  Umm, no, but thanks for asking!  The date we set was special to us, and we weren't about to change it just to jump on the 'cool' bandwagon.  Plus, I believe everything worked out the way it was supposed to that week.  If we had changed it (although there was absolutely, positively, no freakin' way we would've even thought about it), it would've burdened people, and that 'special' week (as I now call it) would not have played out as it did.  What's meant to be will be. 

Again, I admit it's 'cool' that it won't happen again for another 1,000 years, but I'll just simply smile about that and move on with my day. 


"Ladies and gentlemen, it's 12.12.12 and...... Nothing happened," Aazief Khalid of Malaysia tweeted Wednesday. 

 

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover