Advent Season

This time of year, we look forward to Christmas - to the celebration of the birth of Christ.  So, I will take this time to now bask in the presence of His glory. 

I recently purchased a devotional for this advent season, wishing and hoping to deepen my knowledge of this season and the true meaning of Christmas.  I'm not sure if it's just the way I'm perceiving and absorbing Scripture these days (it's definitely deeper than I used to!), but I was entranced with only the first entry! 

It is only in Him that we find our true dignity and purpose as people.  He is the author and finisher of our faith, the One who remains faithful even when we are faithless.

How true is this?!  This is just one of the many glorious things that I am very grateful to be a part of.  Just think of someone who remains faithful when we aren't.  Someone who will be there with open arms to receive you when you've been absent from the relationship for years and hasn't moved on.  That's right - no one comes to mind except our Savior.  Jesus Christ wants everyone.  He wants to accept you, me, my neighbor, your friends, the homeless, the non-believers - everyone!  No matter how long you've been away or haven't come to Him yet, he is waiting to welcome you into His loving arms.  I'm blessed beyond words. 

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover