Welcome to the World of Photo Gifts

I just recently became more aware of just how awesome sites like snapfish.com and shutterfly.com are!  I know, I know...I'm way behind.  But, in my defense, I've only recently gotten married, and it would be a little silly to have Christmas cards with only my face on them, which is what got me into these sites this year.  Don't get me wrong...I love all of the different Christmas cards that are printed and ready for you to purchase - I know how much time and effort it takes to do.  However, this year, I wanted to be different.  I wanted to send out cards this year with pictures (originally, only one picture...) of Colten and I, one year being married!  So, I decided to buckle down and get serious about it, which really meant that we had to figure out a day that Colten could go home to Schulenburg with me so that we could get my mom to take the pictures.  However, this wasn't as difficult as I anticipated, as we decided early enough when we would be around anyway, at Thanksgiving.  That week(end) was so chaotic and crazy - with lots and LOTS of driving (over 250 miles), but the picture taking was a stress reliever and was so much fun!  But who am I kidding, my family is ALWAYS fun!  And who wouldn't have fun 'riding a haybale'?!?!  I mean, come on!  Haha. 

Anyway, we decided on which looked best and what we wanted the final product to sort-of look like...and voila!  Thanks to my amazing parents for loaning us the money since Cyber Monday provided great deals on Christmas photo cards online!  :)  They came in the mail a few weeks ago and we absolutely love them!  They turned out great, and they show us as a couple and our individual crazy personalities.  Yes, my friends, Colten is riding a haybale on our Christmas card.  How much more country can you get?!  Haha.  It was a blast, and definitely will be another memory added to our family fun. 

But, now back to the websites that provide such great products!  Although we ordered our cards on cyber Monday and got great deals, I've been getting coupons and discounts in my inbox since and it's out of control!  Luckily, my cousin found a fantastic app that lets you create different word pictures, and it's come in quite handy (let's just leave it at that at the off-chance the gift receivers read this entry!).  So, I've used these sites several more times since purchasing our Christmas cards (which will be going in the mail on Wednesday...only because I refuse to use Forever Stamps and want those pesky Christmas Baubles!), as recent as today!  50% off photo cards, site-wide, 30% off home decor, 50% off calendars, and FREEE SHIPPING.  Hello there, photo gifts!  So, I purchased another photo gift today and anticipate its arrival, as it uses a picture I created with the previously-mentioned app!  We'll see how it goes!  I see myself using these sites many, many more times throughout the year and during the Holidays!  What better gift than a personalized photo gift?!  Definitely sentimental and thoughtful, I must say! 

Happy Shopping! 

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover