Book Review: {Remember Me?}

 I was the group leader for March's BOTM (book of the month) for the Chick Lit Book Club on Goodreads.  It was my first time, and I enjoyed it!  I came up with the theme: memory loss.  Now, you know there are some good ones out there with this theme in a chick-lit genre, so I was excited!  Members were able to post suggestions, and then I chose about 4 or 5 of them to put on the actual poll for everyone to vote on.  Then, the votes were in, and the winner was.... 
Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella.  

The way this book club is set up, the leader has to read the book pretty much before the actual month starts, so that the readers can answer the questions you post as they go!  So, there you have it.  I read and read and read (okay, it really didn't take me long, lol), and then I posted questions.  It was a great experience, but it was also a lot of work!  Now I know why they have a monthly leader sign-up!  It's too much for one person to maintain.  

You can check out the questions and discussion here.  It was a great, quick read, and definitely entertaining!


Remember Me?Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I love Sophie Kinsella's style of writing.  However, I wasn't totally consumed by this book.  I did like it, and I would recommend it as a quick, light read, but it wasn't amazing. 

I loved the storyline, though - a woman in her twenties losing the last three years of her life in memories, and waking up to a completely different person.  It takes her some time to figure out what exactly happened for her to have changed so drastically, but it's an entertaining ride.  Loved the love story and how Lexi really tries to hold on to her marriage with her Greek God of a husband, whom she doesn't remember.  She quickly learns that she isn't herself with him and leaves him. 

Jon was definitely my favorite, as is true with most Chick-Lit novels.  He's the favorite that all readers want the girl to end up with...and this book was no different.  Overall, great, quick read and memorable characters. 



View all my reviews

.
If you're looking for a light-hearted, fun, quick, laugh-out-loud, girlfriend kinda read, then this one's for you!  

 
post signature

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover