{Positivity} = Results!

I woke up this morning (after sleeping in late, which was GLORIOUS) with the mindset to be productive today.  This is usually a difficult task for me, as I love to indulge in my days off by relaxing and, let's face it, being lazy
 
 I was worried about just how productive I would be, but I decided to tackle the dishes.  They have been piling up lately, and I feel so much better in a clean house than a messy one, so then it began!  I unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, and I hand washed the rest, all while Colten went to buy eggs so we could make breakfast before he headed off to work for the day.  Let me tell you, it was great to both be in the kitchen together!  It's so much easier and 'fun' to be productive than having to be doing things by yourself.   And the end result is CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN! :)  I'm a very happy wife.




I also tackled updating our financial spreadsheet!  Colten had been worried, as we splurged a little for date night last night... 
But, I took care of it, we know we're fine with our finances, and all is great in the world!  

It's amazing how you feel after being productive, even if it's only for a few hours!  Knowing that I tackled those things this morning really has changed my outlook on the day! I'm going to spend some time with our pup while Colten's at work until late tonight, take some time for myself to read and watch a few movies, cook supper, do some laundry, and be perfectly happy that I've been blessed with a happy home, an amazing husband, great family, food for our nourishment, money in the bank, and a glorious day to bask in the sunshine.  God is good.  

I know this is short, but I love to dwell on the great days as well as the negative days.  It's so easy to fall into the negative circumstances that are all just a part of life.  I'm making a point to bask in the great days, even if nothing super amazing happens.  Today is one of those days.  I have nothing 'major' planned or any company coming, but I'm thoroughly excited to spend today by myself with our dog and have some 'me' time.  I think I deserve it ;). 

Have a splendidly blessed weekend, everyone! ♥

post signature

3 comments:

Rachel said...

It's so true that I feel a lot better about my day when I know I've accomplished something. And a clean house is a happy house, for sure!

Martina said...

Great kitchen & your blog looks great!

Brianna said...

Yes it is!! :) Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover