{Strawberry Pineapple} Smoothie

I have a problem with breakfast.  

I know that probably sounds weird, but it's true.  My digestive system does not like for me to consume any food prior to like 8am.  Well, that's a problem, seeing as I have to be at work by 7:30, and I would have to eat breakfast at 6:30.  And, obviously if you add that up, it's impossible for me to eat at 6:30am.  SO, that leads to me munching on things throughout the morning and always grabbing for some type of snack food = not good. I also don't do very well just consuming coffee or drinks in the morning...it just doesn't sit well with me and I feel miserable for the rest of the day.  For some people, that works just fine...a few cups of coffee in the morning and they're good to go.  Well, not so for me. 

And from the title of this post, you already know where I'm going.  Yes, I'm turning to SMOOTHIES!  I love fruits and veggies, so why not incorporate them into a breakfast thing?  I really don't want to munch on whole strawberries, bananas, kiwis, carrots, etc. all morning, so why not blend all of that goodness into a smoothie?  Well, not ALL of those aforementioned ingredients into ONE smoothie, anyway.... Yikes!  But, I did some research and I found a few really good recipes that I've been dying to try!  So, I decided to try a strawberry pineapple smoothie - and today was day 1 for the test!  

Colten bought groceries on Monday, and I added the smoothie ingredients to the list.  I chose to dive right in this morning and tried my hand at the strawberry pineapple smoothie.  Colten helped, and it was actually great quality time this morning, which we often don't get, especially not so early in the day, as I'm not a morning person at all.  But, I was in such a great mood and would be trying a great recipe!  So, we dove in.  I began by digging our Ninja Master Prep out of the bottom of our pantry.  Seriously, we have this super amazing machine and hardly ever use it.  Well, that's going to change soon, too!  But the smoothie turned out AMAZING and I'm so pleased!  I've definitely found a new breakfast favorite!  It stayed frozen until about 9:30ish, which I was finishing it by then anyway!  And it's an 'on-the-go' thing, so that makes it even better!  

Ingredients:

Hubby thought he was being 'creative' and it was 'cool' to take a picture with the sugar on top of the other ingredients...and see those ice cubes?  Yeah, real genius babe! :) They're actually kinda cute!

1 cup frozen, unsweetened strawberries
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (we figured out that a 6oz container was perfect) 
2 Tablespoons white sugar
6 ice cubes (I cheated and used 7...)
1 teaspoon wheat germ (optional, but super healthy)


Directions:

1. Toss everything in the blender, and mix, mix, mix!  

Everything in the blender.
Our super awesome Ninja Master Prep Pod-Guy in use! FINALLY! 
P.S. IT'S AWESOME!


All mixed into a delicious goodness

2. Pour into your favorite cup or just one that won't spill its contents (in which case, you should dispose of any that will spill its contents...).  

3. ENJOY!


This is definitely going to be repeated several times a week, as it's a perfect amount, filling, and healthy!  And I won't be munching on unhealthy snacks for the rest of the day.  All I'll need is a semi-late lunch to hold me over until supper, as I have to get through both jobs today and won't be home until 9:30pm tonight!  *I think I can, I think I can*  

Have any favorite smoothie go-to's?  Please share!  I'm open to new recipes!! :)  
Have any smoothie tips and/or tricks?  Please share those as well!  I'm a smoothie newbie, and it never hurts to learn a thing or two...



No comments:

Pin It button on image hover