Poolside Graduation & Rock Band!

Hello beautiful people! 
 
Or, as we say in Texas:
 
HEY Y'ALL!
 
I hope everyone is having a fabulous Monday, as I am not.  But, it's Monday so I didn't really expect greatness.  However, my weekend was pretty awesome, so sharing that will definitely brighten my gloomy Monday blues!  It's worth a shot, at least. 
 
Okay, so to clarify... The graduation was NOT poolside, and the rock band was in our living room...on the television... :). 
 
 
Friday was my husband's college graduation!  It was so unbelievably exciting, as it's been a long journey with much struggling (a full, detailed post to come later this week!).  He got to put on his cap & gown and walk the stage in front of friends and family, and he was so proud.  The man couldn't sleep a wink the night before!  Too cute, but shhhh! Don't tell him I said that ;).  He still has a few credit hours left until he's officially done, but he's well on his way and we can see the light at the end of the tunnel!  After graduation, we headed to his all-time favorite restaurant, Olive Garden.  And yes, the man downed 5 salads and a pizza.  *jaw drops*
 
Saturday was a lazy morning, which I am ever so greatful for!  I spent Friday night at my sister's apartment with her and my mom, so we enjoyed a peaceful morning with spaghetti for breakfast (that's what happens when the hostess works night shift and eats dinner at 8am instead of breakfast) and indulging in a few episodes of The Client List.  Okay, why on earth haven't I thought to watch the show yet?!  Definitely a guilty pleasure, and I will attempt to watch the first season on Netflix, if it exists there yet.  Fingers crossed!  After that, we headed out for a day poolside!  Husband and his friend BBQ'd some hot dogs, which were delicious!  And let me just say how amazingly awesome it is to have your apartment so close to the pool - the guys had to go back several times (to get condiments, etc. without them melting in the Texas sun) and it was NO BIG DEAL!  Bliss!  My friend, Kristy, showed up and we had a great time just relaxing with some drinks under the cabana umbrella.  Our pool is seriously badass.  Just sayin'! ;)  And the night ended with a glass of wine (also brought by my girl, Kristy - THANK YOU if you're reading this!) and rockband with the husband and his friend, Kyle.  It was a pretty amazing Saturday, of which I hadn't had in quite a while. SO THANKFUL for this weekend!
 
Sunday was another LAZY day as I slept a LOT.  Hey, the six hours in the sun the day before wiped me out!  I forgot how exhausting the heat can be, but it was well worth it.  And the sleep was fabulous!  After rolling out of bed late, we played more rock band (the guys had gone and bought Rock Band 3, so new things awaited).  And that about sums up my Sunday!  Of course, the things that needed to get done didn't get done, but that's just the way things go sometimes (or, ALL the time...). 
 
In all, it was a great weekend, and I'm so blessed to have such amazing friends and family! 
 
And, as always, I'm linking up with Sami's Shenanigans!
 
 photo signature_zps02c8012c.jpg

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover