{No·vem·ber}

Welcome, November! Boy, how I've waited such a long time for your arrival! And, here we are! FINALLY!
 
 
It's no surprise that this is my favorite time of year. I just absolutely love the holidays! It's the crisp, cool weather, the smell of pumpkin/cinnamon everywhere, bundling up in oversized sweaters and blankets, how families come together and spend lots of quality time together this time of year, CHRISTMAS is on the horizon, people seem genuinely happier this time of year, and so.much.more! Seriously, I'm in love with this time of the year. Seriously! {thank you Grey's Anatomy for my addiction to overusing the word seriously}
 
And, it's no surprise that this month is all about being thankful. It is the month of Thanksgiving after all! My goal this month is to truly be thankful and to show my thankfulness for the people in my life and all that they do to love me, support me, and genuinely care about me. My goal is to make them feel my thankfulness! It's so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of modern-day society, working, driving, house chores, phone calls, kids, and just the every day busy routine, that we sometimes {okay, oftentimes} forget to be thankful for our blessings. As 'being thankful' is drilled into focus this month, I vow to truly take the opportunity to make the most of it! Instead of feeling sorry for myself for having to go to job #2, I will instead be thankful that I am physically and mentally able to work two jobs. Instead of being so frustrated with a dirty house, I will instead be thankful that I have a roof over my head and 'stuff' to fill it. Look at your situations differently this month and see if that causes a change in your attitude, in your routines, and in your hearts.
 
So, here's to an amazing month filled with all things fall, and I'm praying that we will be graced with cooler weather! It's been in the high 80's recently, and I just refuse to accept that that's the best we're going to get...seriously! Bring on the sweater weather!
 
And remember, soak up every minute with your loved ones, whether they are annoying as hell and getting on your last nerve or refusing to make you a priority - realize that we are not guaranteed the things we are blessed with in this lifetime, and all of it can be taken in a single moment. So much tragedy has been in the lives of my family, friends, and loved ones recently, and it's a good reminder to enjoy the moments that we have left with those we love. This thankful November is the perfect opportunity to overlook the petty drama that is everyday life {seriously, get over the $2.00 that your co-worker owes you and move on!} and be thankful for what you do have. Don't overlook the treasured moments that happen every single day, because someone out there no longer has those moments with their loved ones. This November, be thankful. Snuggle up with your family and make memories. Take lots of pictures and be crazy - it's okay! And you'll be so glad you did. :) 
 
 photo signature_zps02c8012c.jpg

3 comments:

Karla said...

I love the message in this post about being thankful. I think that is one of the reasons I love November so much. =) And man oh man!! 80s??!

Brenda from TotallyBrenda.com said...

Thanks. You just gave me the idea to write my gma a letter and tell her why I'm thankful for her. I'll write to other people too, but she's the first one that came to mind. :)

Haley said...

It is a good time of year !! I love the thought of Christmas being on the horizon and snuggling in in the evenings. Summer is always so busy and I love staying in. :)

Pin It button on image hover