200...and counting!

Wow...already?! It's my 200th post! Freakin' crazy! But as crazy as it is, I'm also super excited that my blog has really taken off this year!

I started this blog as an outlet for me to use and just to ramble on and on and on about everything and nothing all at the same time. Seriously, there was no big {Aha!} moment, no wedding to blog about, no family to keep informed of anything significant happening in my life - nothing. My cousin had a blog and I sort of just decided to roll with it one day, so I did. Enter: my first blog post. Seriously pathetic! And hilarious! And mostly pathetic. Ha! I crack up when I read that - as if anyone was reading?! Super hilarious lame attempt. But, it took off from there. Not very fast. Not very consistent. It just was. And for a while, that's all it was. In 2009 {I began in April}, I only had 12 blog posts. Twelve. And every single post was about my random life. Seriously, there's even a post about the swine flu. Remember that? Yeah, I went there! And post after post rambling on about classes and the trouble I faced with college. Reading back, I'm so glad I'm donezo with that chapter of my life! Seriously!

And now, a few posts that have stuck out to me over the years...


+ prayer (here and here)

+ my amazing hubby (here, here, here, and here)

+ crazy family shenanigans (here, here, and here)

+ struggles (here and here [seriously, Bri?! wow...])

+ my car accident (here and here)

+ my faith (here, here, here, and here)

+ the year that changed my life forever

+ Granny Getschmann (here and here)

+ people pleasing

+ goals before I turn 30 {I can't even fathom that right now...}

+ and my blog wouldn't be complete without posts about myself now would it? Didn't think so. (here and here)


Okay, those are just about all a few of the posts that have graced this here blog over the years. But mostly, I'm thankful where I am today, through all of those posts. Some are happy, some are not. And of course, there are DiY projects and other fabulous things in there - so take some time to look around! It was fun looking back on all that I deemed blog worthy. Ha!  I remember earlier this year being so frustrated with blogging, I felt like I was missing out on all of the connections and the fun. What I didn't know was just how much work and commitment it took to really get all out of my blog that I could. But it's definitely worth it! I've made some great bloggy friends and I look forward to meeting many more! And then, my heart was being led to change up the blog. My Life Would Suck Without Me just wasn't fitting anymore. Thus began Faithful Footprints. I know that so many more great things will come through this blog and I'm excited for it all!

Blogging has been a great outlet for me, even if no one is out there reading it {although I know there are...and for those of you, thank you!}. I've found a passion in writing, and I hope that skill only improves over time. Blogging has become a part of my life, and it's something I'm so grateful to have! So, here's to post number 200, and more to come!


*And, as a side note, since this post is already crazy random, the weather today is glorious! Seriously, it's 44 degrees and sunny! It just doesn't get much better than that! I'm one happy girl. :)

**Today is also filled with mixed emotions, as it was two years ago today that my grandmother tragically was taken from this world and three months ago today that my grandfather lost his battle with cancer. I miss them both terribly and think about them every.single.day. I know they are now together in Heaven watching over us without any pain or concerns. Thank God for memories. And pictures.
 
Our amazing family!

 
 
 photo signature_zps02c8012c.jpg

1 comment:

Haley said...

Looks like you've learned a lot about yourself in 200 blog posts. I have been blogging since 2005. (It slowed down considerably once I met Rob.) I picked it back up full time in June. I look back at some of my posts and just laugh. I actually deleted a few of the golden oldies just because I was in another relationship at the time and I was embarrassed by what I wrote about my ex then. (Obviously I was very wrong about our relationship... lol. It was embarrassing for me to keep it up.)
But so much changes in a few years. It's difficult for me to imagine myself in oh, ten years looking back to today.. and I wonder.. will I still be laughing at myself? Who knows.. It's nice not having to have a big reason for creating a blog. I didn't really either. It was just an outlet for me.
Happy 200th!

Pin It button on image hover