2013 Resolutions

Wow... Another new year!  I'm so blessed to have been given the opportunity to see this miraculous year and experience all that it has in store for me.  Although, it's hard to write '2013' at work, haha!  Anyway, since it's the new year, I've come up with a few resolutions to really stick to this year; here we go! 

  1. Let go.  Let go of old friendships, what wasn't meant to be, and of regrets and past wants. 

  2. Move on. Move on from high school glory days, from people that aren't good for me, and from the past 'me'.  It's time for a change for the better!

  3. Be happy for others. Don't judge my life based on what other people have.  Be happy for them and then go back to #2, and move on

  4. Deepen my relationship with God. And further my biblical education.  For He knows what is right for my life. 

  5. Clean up. Clean up my act!  From work, to home, to social media.  Clean it up, get it organized, and be persistent. 

  6. Follow my dreams. They may not be big, but follow them anyway.  Be more financially stable & responsible.  Lose weight and feel more confidant.  And really strive for the first step in that new car!  For with God, all things are possible. 

  7. Don't stress.  Don't sweat the small stuff, and know that everything happens for a reason and will work out the way God intends.

 

I know that's a LOT to take on in one year, but I feel like they are all intertwined.  Letting go and moving in obviously go hand in hand.  If I'm going to do one, I have to do the other!  Don't let it go momentarily - strive to let it go forever, and move on from it.  No matter what 'it' is. 

In doing so, I'll be happy for others.  Sometimes in today's materialistic society, we can get caught up in the wants of what others have.  My resolution this year is to not let that get to me.  Instead of being jealous and wanting what they have, I resolve to instead be happy for them and move on from it.  Being thankful for what I have also is mixed in with this.  Do not want what I do not have; instead, feel the blessings that have been placed upon my life and be eternally grateful.  Don't be greedy! 

Then, there's deepening my relationship with God.  This is a resolution every year, because no matter where I am in my biblical education, it can always improve!  So, again this year, I resolve to be closer with God and in my understandings in following His word. 

Cleaning up and following my dreams include a lot.  This includes cleaning up my act, in how I act and my daily routine.  How about getting one for starters, huh?!  Then, stick to it.  It also entails being more organized, at home and at the office.  It's so easy to just leave things as they are and 'get to them later'.  But I'm resolving to not do that this year.  It only takes a second to put things where they belong and clean up after yourself!  I also have the worst habit of once I do clean up and get things they way I like them, I don't keep up with it.  I'm resolving to be persistent and keep working at it all year long!  This resolution also includes following my dreams.  Although they may not be giant dreams such as seeing the world or making millions of dollars, they're big to me.  And that's all that's important.  My current dreams are: being financially stable & responsible, losing weight, feeling more confidant, and making the steps towards obtaining a new vehicle to replace Colten's truck.  It's scary to think of it all at one time, but I know that the year is long, and I have 362 more days to work on it! 

Don't stress.  I know what we're all thinking here, "Yeah, right!"  But, I resolve to 'work on it' as much as possible this year.  I know that, in the end, stressing doesn't make anything any better or easier on anyone.  Everything happens for a reason, and I am a firm believer in that.  It's just hard to remember that in moments of hard situations. 

Again, these are a lot to keep up with this year, but they are all very important and are areas that I need to work on in life.  I resolve to work on being the best 'me' that I can be!

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover