Family is Forever

Oh my goodness - WHAT A WEEKEND!! And wait, it's 2014? Are you sure? ... 

Regardless of the fact that I've been MIA all year, I had the most amazing weekend ever this past weekend. Seriously. It's what we all needed, and I'm so glad that we were able to enjoy it before the craziness of life hits us with full force. Because let's face it, today is back to reality for a lot of people, including myself! 

This weekend, I went on a surprise visit home. My sister {who now has a blog of her own thanks to her amazingly awesome sister!! ahhhh!!} was planning to head home for the weekend to just get away. I tagged along, and my brother jumped on the bandwagon with us on Saturday morning! So, we headed out for the two hour drive. 

On the way, my brother DJ'd for us with a playlist of random songs that took us back, back, back in time! {Drumline reference...love, love, love that movie!}. Just to name a few...

Buckcherry - Crazy Bitch
Eminem - Slim Shady
Britney Spears - Oops I Did it Again
Jay Z - 99 Problems 
Chumbawamba - Tubthumper
Freak Nasty - The Dip 
Will Smith - Gettin Jiggy With It 
The Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood
Train - Meet Virginia 
Christina Aguilera - Genie in a Bottle
Shaggy - Angel
Crazy Train - Butterfly
Baha Men - Who Let the Dogs Out
Britney Spears - Work Bitch
Shaggy - It Wasn't Me 

I told you, random and old school! It was so much fun and really made the drive fly by! And then we surprised my parents when all three of us showed up - so that was fun, too. AND IT ONLY GOT BETTER FROM THERE! I seriously cannot put into words how great this weekend was. But I'm trying anyway :). 

Once we got home, we trekked over to the old house that we grew up in, and boy, the memories came flooding back! We laughed and just reminisced over so much! Once we got back to mom and dad's house, we went through even more stuff that my mom had brought over from the old house already. We had such a fun time reading through old school assignments and projects - laughter is good for the soul, right? :) 

I had apparently written a hilarious story about how much I love to fish. Be on the lookout for that later this week ;). We also played some Future Cop on the Playstation 2! Another trip down memory lane! It just kept coming and coming, all weekend long! 

Sunday after church, we played some games, but the most popular and most fun was pictionary! We played that game and laughed so hard for well over 4 hours! I learned just how much I am not artistic, by any means... 

Overall, this weekend was a big trip down memory lane, and we loved every second of it! It was so good and refreshing to get together as a family and truly enjoy one another's company. We weren't trolling Facebook or glued to the TV the entire time. We actually spent quality time together! I think we all needed it, and we were all so happy the entire weekend! There was no bickering or arguing or fighting or anything. It was just a long, fun-filled weekend with my family. And it's one I'll cherish forever. 

I know that reading this, it may not seem like that great of a weekend, but I guess you just had to be there! We busted out some crazy dance moves, sang stupid song lyrics, got weird things stuck in our head, and laughed at each other's randomness. Blessed moments, I tell ya! And because we spent so much time away from our phones, I didn't really get any pictures of the craziness {I know, blogger fail}, but it was SO GOOD to be able to just live in the moment and enjoy time with my loved ones. God has truly blessed me with one amazing family, and for that, I'm forever grateful! He knew we needed this time together and He didn't disappoint! 
Wall Saying "We may not have it all together, but..." Bedroom, Bathroom, Living Room, quote Sticker Vinyl Decal 23" x 5 3/4"

3 comments:

Karla said...

Ohhh so fun!! I love looking back at old school papers my parents kept! What is your sisters blog url?! :)

Haley said...

What a special weekend for you guys. I love spending time with my siblings .. there's just nothing else like it in the world. I always feel for people that were only children in their families. They seriously miss out on the bond that is being a sibling.
Meet Virginia! Such an awesome tune!!

Steve Finnell said...

CAN MEN, TODAY, BE SAVED LIKE ENOCH?

Did you ever notice that the hydrophobic believers in Jesus want to be saved like the thief on the cross? Their argument is the thief was not baptized in water, and was still saved. Thief proponents fail to mention that the thief was also saved without being born of the Spirit. The Holy Spirit of promise had not been given at that time. So the logical conclusion would be that men, today, can be saved without being born of water and the Spirit. (John 3:5 Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.")

The question is why do men, today, not petition to be saved like Enoch?

Genesis 5:24 Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.

1.Enoch did not believe Jesus was the Son of God. Was Enoch saved? YES.
2. Enoch did not confess that God raised Jesus from the dead. Was Enoch saved? YES.
3. Enoch was not baptized in water. He was not immersed for the forgiveness of sins. Was Enoch saved? YES.
4. Enoch did not believe that Jesus shed His blood on the cross so he could have his sins washed away. Was Enoch saved? YES.
5. Was Enoch born of the Spirit? No. The Holy Spirit of promise was not given until the Day of Pentecost. Was Enoch saved? YES.

WAS ENOCH SAVED? YES.

Can men, today, be saved like Enoch? ABSOLUTELY NOT.
Men, today, can only be saved by meeting the terms for pardon under the New Covenant; also know as the New Testament, the New Will, the New Agreement, the New Promise.

THE THIEF ON THE CROSS

Luke 23:39-43...And He said to him, :Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise."

1. The thief believed Jesus was the Christ. Was the thief saved?YES.
2. The thief repented. (He turn from sin and turned toward God). Was the thief saved? YES.
3. The thief did not confess that God had raised Jesus from the dead. Was the thief saved? YES.
4. The thief was not immersed in water for the forgiveness of his sins. Was the thief saved? YES.
5. The thief was not born of the Spirit? The thief did not receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Was the thief saved? YES.

WAS THE THIEF SAVED? YES.

Can men, today, be saved like the thief on the cross?ABSOLUTELY NOT. Men, today, can only be saved by meeting the terms of pardon under the New Covenant.

The New Covenant came into effect after the death of Jesus, on the Day of Pentecost.

Hebrews 9:16-17 For where a covenant is, there must of necessity be the death of the one who made it. 17 For a covenant is valid only when men are dead, for it is never in force while the one who made it lives.

MEN,TODAY, CANNOT BE SAVED LIKE ENOCH NOR SAVED LIKE THE THIEF ON THE CROSS. ENOCH AND THE THIEF WERE NOT SAVED UNDER THE NEW COVENANT.

Note: The book of Acts contains several conversions that took place under the New Covenant. There is no record of anyone saying.
A. I do not have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
B. I do not have to be born of water and the Spirit.
C. I do not have to confess that Jesus was resurrected from the grave by God in order to be saved.
D. I do not have to be immersed in water in order to be saved.
E. I do not have to repent, (Turn from sin and turn to God), in order to be saved.

IN ORDER TO BE SAVED UNDER THE NEW COVENANT; WHICH STARTED ON THE DAY OF PENTECOST. YOU NEED TO MEET THE TERMS FOR PARDON.

FAITH: John 3:16
REPENTANCE: Acts 2:38
CONFESSION: Romans 10:9-10
BAPTISM: Acts 2:38, 1 Peter 3:21, Mark 16:16

YOU CANNOT BE SAVED LIKE ENOCH!


(All Scripture quotes from:NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE)


YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

Pin It button on image hover